30/09/19 - Bus Times 2.6.2 has been submitted to Apple (includes Watch Companion App)
Ever been stood at a Bus Stop wondering when the next bus is? Or sat at home / in the pub wondering if you need to set off yet? There are a couple of way to do this if you are in Chicago, but none are specifically aimed at the iPhone.
1.Text the bus stop number to CTA on 41411 (Possibly incurring a charge)
2.Use the "CTA Bus Tracker" at http://www.ctabustracker.com/ in Mobile Safari (What a hassle to navigate and remember all your stop numbers)
Now you can have a dedicated app which will store your favorite Bus Stop numbers and present the results in an iPhone / iPad friendly format. With lots of useful features some of which are not available on the web …
• Where available get the REAL arrival time of the busses, not timetabled times, but the actual time the bus is due at your chosen stop via the GPS tracker on the bus.
• Store a list of "Favorite Stops" and organise them in Alphabetical order or simply order / rename them as you like.
• Busses with a Live Feed will have their times highlighted in green and show how many minutes until they are due.
• You can tap on results to be alerted at your specified number of minutes before the bus is due, so you know when to set off.
• Set an Auto-Refresh time to regularly reload the timetable data (Double Tap at the top of the timetable to enable).
• The app will offer to fall back to SMS if you don't have a Data Connection on your phone.
• Optional Shake to refresh and pull down on the results to refresh times.
• Use your phone's GPS to show a map of all the bus stops around you.
• Our app uses the "text-only" version of the CTA Bus Tracker page and doesn't download images etc, this makes its very quick and saves on your data usage.
• Large Text view for Sight Impaired users of iPads (enabled in the settings).
IMPORTANT - Before purchasing we suggest you use the CTA Bus Tracker site linked above to make sure you can see information on the busses and stops you require. We can only provide the same information, so if you cannot find relevant information on their website, our app will not be able to magically provide it.
Please don't shoot the messenger by leaving negative reviews regarding the actual Bus Times data we display, this is from the CTA website and we can only show the data they offer. If the times are wrong, or the bus doesn’t turn up, then the problem is with their data or services and not our wonderful app! :)
If you have any suggestions or in the unlikely event of a problem please contact us via the Icons on the Service Status tab (Email, Twitter, Facebook, WWW). We cannot reply to comments left in the ratings on here, but we can assure you that you will receive a swift personal reply to any comments you send us via the Application.
Timetable information provided by Chicago Transit Authority (CTA).
Note: Neither this application or its author is associated with or endorsed by CTA.